by the Chinese Army to transgress into the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control in the general area of Chumar in Eastern Ladakh, sources said.
This comes close on the heels of Indian Army thwarting Chinese Army's attempt on the night of August 29 and 30 to transgress into areas near the southern bank of Pangong Tso.
Sources said on Tuesday that around seven to eight heavy vehicles of the Chinese army set off towards the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) from their Chepuzi camp.
In reaction, the Indian security forces also made precautionary deployments to prevent any intrusion," they said. The sources said seeing the vehicles from the Indian side along with troops, the Chinese vehicle convoy returned back towards their bases.
Indian security forces are on high alert all along the LAC to prevent any incursion by the Chinese in any sector, they added.
The Indian Army had earlier thwarted an attempt by the Chinese Army to transgress into Indian areas near the southern bank of Pangong Tso lake near Chushul in Ladakh on the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday.
Army spokesperson Colonel Aman Anand had said on Monday that on the night of August 29/30, PLA troops violated the previous consensus arrived at during military and diplomatic engagements during the ongoing standoff in Eastern Ladakh and carried out provocative military movements to change the status quo.
He said the Indian Army took measures to strengthen its position and "and thwart Chinese intentions to unilaterally change facts on the ground".
The spokesperson also said that the Indian Army is committed to maintaining peace and tranquillity through dialogue but is also equally determined to protect its territorial integrity.
A Brigade Commander level Flag Meeting was later held at Chushul to resolve the issues.
Army sources had said that the Chinese Army had tried to transgress into Indian areas using a sizeable number of troops but Indian Army came to know about their intentions and preempted the Chinese attempt and foiled their move.
India and China are in a standoff since April-May over the transgressions by the Chinese Army in multiple areas including Finger area, Galwan valley, Hot springs and Kongrung Nala.
The talks between the two sides have been going on for the last three months including five Lieutenant General-level talks but have failed to yield results so far.
The Chinese Army has refused to withdraw or disengage completely from the Finger area and seems to be buying time to delay its disengagement from there.
While efforts are underway to resolve the ongoing border dispute, India has rejected the Chinese suggestion to disengage equidistantly from the Finger area in eastern Ladakh. (ANI)
'More than 50 countries reached out to T…
06-04-2025
White House Economic Council Director Kevin Hassett defended President Trump's trade policies, claiming over 50 countries reached for negotiations. Despite concerns raised by economists and political critics about potential recession...
Read moreUK ‘stands ready’ to intervene as Trump’…
06-04-2025
UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer announced state intervention strategies to protect British industries from US tariffs, emphasizing negotiations for favorable trade agreements. He highlighted the government's commitment to enhance domestic...
Read moreRussian spy devices found tracking UK nu…
06-04-2025
Russian spy sensors have been found tracking the UK's nuclear submarines, heightening national security concerns. The operation is linked to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s 'greyzone' warfare. The UK is boosting...
Read moreUK PM Keir Starmer acknowledges Trump’s …
06-04-2025
UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer is expected to acknowledge the reasoning behind US President Trump's tariffs while maintaining they are not the right approach. Starmer plans to argue that these...
Read moreWhite House’s deportation video with ‘Ki…
06-04-2025
The White House posted a video showing immigrants in shackles boarding a deportation flight, with a cheerful song in the background, prompting strong criticism for dehumanizing immigrants. Last month, a...
Read more'Tax the rich, not penguins': Cheeky slo…
06-04-2025
Massive 'Hands Off' protests were held in over 1,200 locations worldwide, targeting President Trump's policies and Elon Musk's political influence. Demonstrations in cities like New York, London, and Washington DC...
Read moreForgotten? The fate of German citizens a…
06-04-2025
A German nurse abducted in Somalia nearly seven years ago has appealed for help, highlighting her deteriorating health. The case emphasizes the ongoing risk to Germans abroad, with kidnappings occurring...
Read more'It's meaningless': Iran top diplomat ru…
06-04-2025
Tehran dismissed direct talks with the US after President Trump expressed interest in negotiating without intermediaries. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi called such discussions meaningless while US threats continue. Iran's...
Read more'Goes from 0 to 1939 in 3 sec': Tesla 's…
05-04-2025
Anti-Elon Musk sentiment is growing in the UK and Europe, with activist groups using satire and public art to critique Musk's controversial political ties. These protests aim to impact Tesla's...
Read moreLabour MP Dan Norris suspended after rap…
05-04-2025
British MP Dan Norris has been suspended from the Labour party following his arrest on suspicion of rape and child sex offences. The 65-year-old former Labour minister is also being...
Read more